Bahçeşehir University Faculty of Dentistry; aims to train world-class dentists who know that oral and dental health is an important part of general health, can work independently, has the ability to think critically and solve problems, has the universal "access to information" and "information-use" skills required for the protection of oral and dental health, who are sensitive to the problems of the country, successful in their profession and in the business world, open to competition, protective of our artistic, cultural and historical values, sensitive to public health and able to provide high-level health services.
Bahçeşehir Faculty of Dentistry Undergraduate Program in Dentistry (English) differs from other Undergraduate Dentistry Programs with its Extended Education Curriculum, which includes the applications of "holistic patient treatment approach" and "Digital-Aesthetics-Implant Dentistry", which accepts that oral health is an integral part of general health.
In accordance with this purpose; Bahçeşehir University School of Dental Medicine Program Outcomes were matched with the key Dental Education Core Training Program (DUÇEP -2016 Version 3.0). Students who successfully complete the first two years of the dentistry education program are given the title of “Degree in Basic Dentistry” and the students who complete the five-year faculty of dentistry are given the title of Graduate Diploma in Dentistry”.
Graduates of the program;
1. have the opportunity to work in the public sector or as a freelance dentist.
2. can work in all hospitals, oral-dental health centers and polyclinics of the Ministry of Health.
3. can start their own practice and work as a freelance physician or by establishing joint polyclinics with their colleagues.
4. can work as permanent dentists in private hospitals, oral and dental health centers and polyclinics.
5. have academic career opportunities in state and foundation universities.
6. can pursue a doctorate in dentistry and basic medical sciences, and specialize in dentistry.
7. Graduates who want to specialize in Dentistry; according to the results of the Specialization Training in Dentistry Entrance Examination (DUS), which is organized once a year by the Student Selection and Placement Center, are accepted to specialization training and start their specialization training in the Faculties of Dentistry of state and foundation universities, or in the Faculties of Dentistry.
8. Graduates wishing to pursue a doctorate in science; they can apply to clinical dentistry doctoral programs at the faculties of dentistry at state or private universities and to the doctoral programs of basic medical sciences at the medical faculties. Those who are successful as a result of the evaluation will start their Ph.D.