TO THE ATTENTION OF ALL BAHÇEŞEHIR UNIVERSITY STUDENTS WHO WILL DO INTERNSHIP!
Dear esteemed students, it is a legal obligation for students to have insurance during their internship periods. Insurance transactions will be carried out by Directorate of Personnel Department. The issues with regard to the insurance procedures and general steps to be taken as per legal regulations are defined as follows.
Students who will do internship are required to deliver their papers to Directorate of Personnel Department soonest one month prior latest 3 days prior to the internship commencement date. For instance if internship commencement date is 18.06.2016, student is requested to make application to the Directorate of Personnel Department between 19.05.2016 - 15.06.2016 and fulfill their insurance transactions. If the internship is going to start in more than one month insurance transactions cannot be carried out due to the operation of Social Security Institution system.
If insurance transactions are not fulfilled legal requirement will not be met and internships fulfilled without insurance shall be deemed void. In this manner it is crucial to make send the notice in a timely manner.
Having delivered the requested documents (page 2) to Directorate of Personnel Department (Çırağan Caddesi Osmanpaşa Mektebi Sokak No: 8 Camlı Bina 1. Kat) students will receive their statement of SSI employment from the department to be delivered to related company.
If the dates of internship is changed after statement of employment is issued, students are expected to make application to Directorate of Personnel Department with updated company letter.
Original petition stamped and signed by the company where student will do their internship (Petition 1 or Petition 2)
(can be obtained from Directorate of Personnel Department or the company or institution where internship will be carried out, on letterhead or white paper. Signed and stamped letters to be issued by related company shall be in the format shown in attached sample petition. Students who will do full-time internship shall use sample petition number 1 while students who will do part-time internship use petition number 2 stating the period of internship.
- Transactions will differ depending on whether the student is a dependent or not.
- (Accordingly, dependent students (including health care) are requested to fulfill Commitment Letter Number 1 while non-dependent students will use Commitment Letter Number 2)
Before making the registration of the students to Social Security Institution, it is vital to determine the dependent status of the students subject to internship or who will do part-time internship. Therefore, it is mandatory for our Directorate to take delivery of commitment letter or declaration from students in order to prevent any future penalties.
NOTE; Any missing document will lead the cease the commencement of internship. Related law article is given below. You are kindly advised to be informed.
* 6111 numbered law on Restricting of Certain Receivables and Social Insurance and General Health Insurance Law and Law regarding on Amendment on Other Law Provisions is promulgated on 25.02.2011 dated and 27857 numbered repeated Official Gazette*
* Insured employees subject to the first paragraph of 5th Article of the law numbered 2.1;
* With the arrangements made on the 24th Article of 6111 numbered law and the first paragraph of 5th article of the law, as of 1.3.2011 for non-dependents the provisions of general health insurance will be applied. Paragraph (b) of 5th Article of the law states that non-dependents premium rate is determined as 6* % of the income subject to premium with the arrangement made on the 38th and 81st articles of 6111 numbered law as of 1.3.2011. 1 % of this rate is short term insurance branch and 5 % is general health insurance premium. These premiums shall be paid by Ministry of National Education or the institutions where students are receiving education as before**. For non-dependent insured employees, employment statement shall not be requested from employers additionally as of 1.3.2011*.
* 2.1.1.- Within the scope of Paragraph (b) of 5th Article of the Law, students who receive education in vocational high schools or students who are subject to internship during their higher education.
* * Paragraph (b) of the first part of the 5th article of 24th article of the Law numbered 6111 is amended, “mandatory” phrase in the (a) paragraph of first part of 7th and 26th articles and the “mandatory” phrase in the (e) paragraph of 41st and 87th articles are omitted from the law to be applied as of 1.3.2011. The new form states that as of 1.3.2011, as stated in paragraph (b) of first paragraph of 5th Article of the law students who are attending vocational high school or higher education with mandatory or optional internship application shall be deemed as insured as of the date they commenced internship. *