The 9th International BAU Drug Design Congress (BAU-Drug Design Congress 2023) will be held from November 29th to December 2nd, 2023, at the BAU Beşiktaş Campus.
As in previous years, the 9th International BAU Drug Design Congress aims to host renowned academics and industry experts in the field. Researchers will discuss the discovery and development of new drugs and the latest advancements in the treatment of significant diseases during the BAU Drug Design Congress.
The BAU Drug Design Congress has rapidly become one of the most prestigious conferences in this field worldwide. This year, cutting-edge research by influential scientists, making an impact globally, will be shared with the participants. The congress will cover topics such as drug discovery studies in Turkey and around the world, projections for the next 10 years, innovations to expedite drug discovery, and virtual screening of drug candidate molecules.
The congress will bring together leading scientists working on drug design and the discovery of new drugs from both abroad and Turkey. The highlighted topics of the congress include:
• Drug discovery through Text Mining
• Virtual drug molecules and clinical studies
• Promising treatments for various cancers, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, ALS, MS, and schizophrenia
• Rare diseases and drug research
• Targeted therapies with fewer side effects
• Biomedical applications beyond pharmaceuticals
• Stem cell studies
• Natural molecules
• The use of Artificial Intelligence in the discovery of new drugs
• Virtual screening studies of small molecule libraries
• Drug Repurposing Studies
The Dean of the BAU School of Pharmacy, Prof. Dr. Serdar Durdağı will chair the congress. For more detailed information about the event, please visit the congress website at: https://drugdesign.bau.edu.tr/