Important Announcement about the TOLES Placement Exam
The procedure regarding the TOLES Placement Exam to be administered on March 6, 2021 was sent to your e-mail address on March 4, 2021.
The exam links and your speaking exam appointments was sent in another e-mail on March 5, 2021.
Please check your inbox. If you do not receive the e-mail, please contact us by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
BAU School of Foreign Languages is the official examination centre for the TOLES exams.
TOLES EXAM (TEST OF LEGAL ENGLISH SKILLS)
- The TOLES Exam is an international exam that determines the legal English level of lawyers who aim to pursue a career in international law firms.
- Law students, law faculty graduates, intern lawyers and lawyers who work or wish to work in international commercial companies are advised to participate in this program and the exam.
- TOLES Exam is administered at three different levels;
1. TOLES FOUNDATION (LEVEL I / TOLES FOUNDATION LEVEL)
This exam is the first step of the TOLES Exam, which can be preferred by lawyers, intern lawyers, law faculty graduates or students who want to develop a sufficient level of legal English foundation for the next level. The exam, which consists of two parts in the form of reading and writing, aims to measure the knowledge of legal terms used in areas such as commercial agreements, company documents and intellectual property rights.
2.TOLES HIGHER (LEVEL II / TOLES HIGH LEVEL)
The TOLES Higher Exam is an exam that measures listening and writing skills to analyze complex legal situations that can be encountered in business life using the legal English terms and legal writing techniques acquired.
3.TOLES ADVANCED (LEVEL III / TOLES ADVANCED LEVEL)
It is an advanced exam for lawyers who aim to work in cooperation with international law firms and legal professionals whose native language is English, and tests how effectively these lawyers can use their reading and writing skills.
You can attend the TOLES exams to be held on the following dates at the TOLES official exam centre at Bahçeşehir University School of Foreign Languages.
Exam Dates 2021
June 24 (registration deadline June 4)
August 19 (registration deadline July 30)
November 25 (registration deadline November 5)
The TOLES Examination Fees are listed below
Foundation - £85 + value added tax
Higher - £105 + value added tax
Advanced - £125 + value added tax
TOLES EXAM PREPARATION COURSE
- The official TOLES exam centre at our school has organized a TOLES Exam preparation course for you to prepare for the exams. The content and curriculum of the course are determined by TOLES in line with the needs of the candidates and the courses are taught by experienced instructors.
- Law students, law school graduates, lawyers, intern lawyers and lawyers who work or want to work in international commercial companies can participate in this program.
- Candidates who apply for the TOLES Preparation Course are required to take the Placement Exam organized by our school.
Placement Exam Dates:
Placement Exam Application deadline: 25 February - 3 March 2021
Written exam: It will be held online on Saturday, March 6, 2021, between 10:00 and 12:00, via the itslearning platform.
Speaking exam: March 8-9, 2021
The details regarding the exam will be shared here: https://bau.edu.tr/blogs/en/15238-exam-information
Exam Result Announcement: Wednesday, March 10, 2021
(Exam results will be announced on the link https://bau.edu.tr/blogs/en/15239-exam-results)
PLEASE CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINK FOR THE PLACEMENT EXAM AND THE DETAILS ABOUT THE TOLES COURSE
- Candidates can apply for the TOLES Preparation Course by clicking the following link http://bit.ly/toles_application-form
- The course fee is 1850 TL.
- The Preparatory Course will be free for the first 50 students who attain the highest score in the Placement Exam among Bahçeşehir University Faculty of Law students. Students who are not among the top 50 students with the highest score will pay 50% of the course fee. The amount to be paid by Bahçeşehir University Faculty of Law graduates is 60% of the course fee. Participants who are not students or graduates of Bahçeşehir University Law Faculty will pay the entire course fee.
- Courses will be held online via the Microsoft Teams platform.
Course Start Date: March 19, 2021
Course End Date: June 11, 2021
Weekly Course Hours: 3 hours
All participants in the TOLES Exam Preparation Course will be given a certificate of participation by the Bahçeşehir University School of Foreign Languages.
Contact information for the TOLES Exam Preparation Course:
0 212 381 07 21- 021231 07 22