About Up to Youth Project
- Name: Up to Youth- Promoting Future Digital Social Entrepreneurs
Project Number: 2018-1-TR01-KA205-057895
- Type: Main Action 2 (KA2) Strategic Partnership in the Youth Field
Project Team: Prof.Dr. Şirin Karadeniz (Koordinatör), Dr.Öğr.Üyesi Tuğba Kıral Özkan (Araştırmacı), Doç.Dr. Berna Güloğlu (Araştırmacı) Arş.Gör. Meltem Özmutlu (Proje Asistanı)
Istanbul Governorship, Future Education Association under the coordination of Bahçeşehir University (BAU), Institute of Entrepreneurship Development (IED) (Greece), Bridging to The Future (BTF) (BtF) (United Kingdom), STEP Institut (Slovenia) and Associacao Para A Educacao Evalorizacao Da Regiao De Aveiro (AEVA) (Portugal) in partnership with «2018-1-TR01-KA205-057895 Up to Youth - Promoting Future Digital Social Entrepreneurs» The most important objective of the EU project is to encourage young people to digital social entrepreneurship. The Up to Youth Project is to contribute to the ability of young people and especially young people who are not in the education and employment processes called NEET to become entrepreneurs through improving their digital social entrepreneurship skills. Up to Youth project products;
- Needs analysis: Social entrepreneurship trainings offered to young people and analysis of the legal foundations of social entrepreneurship in partner countries. The aim of this analysis is to analyze the trainings on social entrepreneurship in partner countries and to investigate the legal infrastructure of social entrepreneurship in partner countries. In addition, the current social entrepreneurship information of young people was measured through surveys. According to the results of the research, the duration of the courses offered in the field of social entrepreneurship is between 40 and 120 hours, and the target audience is young people between the ages of 16 and 32. Although there is no common curriculum, structure or methodology in the social entrepreneurship courses in question, many include introduction to social entrepreneurship, financial literacy and marketing. According to research, although social entrepreneurship does not have a legal infrastructure in our country, it is a concept that is not yet very unknown. EU funds, the Ministry of trade and the Ministry of Industry and Technology have activities aimed at increasing the awareness of social entrepreneurship.
- Website: http://uptoyouth.eu
- Interviews with good examples and role models: Examples of social entrepreneurship in partner countries and interview videos with entrepreneurs.
Good examples offered from Turkey; Otsimo, Agricultural Marketing, Çöp (m) adam
Interviews in Turkey;
E- Internship: Mesut Keskin
Surplus Food: Olcay Silahlı
Good4Trust: Uygar Özesmi
Otsimo: Zafer Elcik
YouTube > UptoYouth Project (UpToYouth Project - YouTube)
- Educational content: Educational content consisting of 10 units so that young people can become digital social entrepreneurs. In the units titled below, educational content was prepared in which young people can develop their digital social entrepreneurship skills; Introduction to Digital Social Enterpreneurship, Social Needs Analysis, Social Business Model, Finding Funds For Your Idea, Finance and Budget for Digital Social Entrepreneurship, Digital Marketing, A Digital Model for Social Entrepreneurship, Human Resources and Team Management, New Media Skills, Multicultural Awareness
Educational Portal: https://athena.entre.gr/en/courses/up-to-youth-promoting-future-digital
- Instructor's Manual: In this final product of the project, we offer instructors (academics, youth instructors, etc.) an instructor's manual has been prepared. The purpose of this booklet is to facilitate the presentation of the prepared educational content as a course in classes. For this purpose; Information About The Project, Learning Outcomes Of Educational Content, 5e Methodology for Entrepreneurship Education, Content of Group Activities In The Classroom were prepared.
The up to Youth project outputs, produced in six different languages (Arabic for project partners and temporarily protected youth), will help young people aged 18-24 and especially young people who are not in the education and employment processes called NEET to start their own initiatives by learning digital social entrepreneurship.
Juniors at the end of Education;
* Develop social entrepreneurship skills such as how to start social entrepreneurship or how to create capital,
* Develop digital marketing skills and new media skills(e-commerce, using social networks)
* Multiculturalism awareness will be increased to reach immigrant individuals effectively
* Learn important skills such as budgeting and building business models
* They will have a manual for educators created by the project team