Frequently Asked Questions
STUDENT ASSESSMENT ACTIVITIES AND GRADES
1) What is a R (Revoke) Grade?
R (Revoke) grade is only to be applied for the spring semester of 2019-2020 academic year, and the grade that acts like a withdrawal and allows you to revoke from any course one may desire to; after being gradedÂ F or NA grades after the Retake Exams, and not your overall weighted GPA.. In other words, R (Revoke) is a grade that one may choose to convert for all courses that a student may want to repeat but do not want it to affect their GPA. As it has been done before, if the course you have converted to R grade is in the elective course category, you can take another elective course instead of the course you have converted to R grade in the following academic semesters.
2) How and when can I convert to R (Revoke) and S (Successful) grade?
You can perform the grade conversion for the grades of your spring semesters through an application that will be activated on the st.bau.edu.tr page on the dates which will be announced after the Spring term Retake Exams. You can also consult your academic advisor throughout this process.
3) Which and how many of the courses I have taken, can be converted to R (Revoke) grade?
You can convert as many of your courses, gradedÂ F and NA in the spring semester of 2019-2020 academic year into the R (Revoke) grade through the application that will be activated on the st.bau.edu.tr page after the end of semester results. Please note that you have to repeat the course that you have converted to grade R in the semester, the course re-opens!
If you are in the graduation period, and graduating at the end of the spring semester, DO NOT forget that you will not have the right to take additional exams for the courses you have converted to R (Revoke) grade!
4) Which and how many of the courses I have taken, can be converted to S (Successful) grade?
In the spring semester of 2019-2020 academic year, you can convert as many of the courses you have taken that are graded D and above, through the application that will be activated on the st.bau.edu.tr page after the end of semester results. Please note that the course you have converted to S (Successful) grade will not be added to your GPA average.
5) Can I retake a course which I have converted to S (Successful) grade, that is instructed in the spring semester of 2019-2020 academic year to raise grade in the following semesters?
Yes, you can get it without any conditions. The student has the right to repeat this lesson in the future, however, if the letter grading is used in that semester, which a student is repeating the course, he or she will not have the right to change the letter grade to â€œS (Successful)â€ back again. In other words, whatever letter grade it receives in the future, a new grade will be registered on the system.
6) Will the courses I converted to R (Revoke) grade appear on my transcript?
7) Are there different rules to be applied when we retake the courses we have converted to R grade in the following semesters / years?
Normally, all rules applied for all course repetitions are also valid for the repetition of the course converted to R(Revoke) grade.
8) Is this system valid for my minor and double major courses?
Yes, it is.
9) How can I determine how many lessons / which lessons I can convert to R (Revoke) and S (Success)?
See how your current GNO has changed from the simulation on st.bau.edu.tr page after entering the gardes to the system, and search the courses, categories and credits you need to complete in the future through the graduation requirements page. We strongly recommend you to take academic advice from your academic coordinator about how this choice will affect your success in the future.
10) I have questions regarding the grading system which will be implemented in the spring semester of the 2019-2020 academic year and important dates. Where can I ask ?
You can ask your questions about these issues directly to:Â email@example.com.
11) How will my average grade be calculated if I am a freshman and I change courses to an S or R grade?
Semester's Average Grade will not be calculated, and Average Grade will be calculated without taking these courses into account.
12) I applied to freeze registration after March 13, can I be included in the R (Revoke) or S (Successful) system if I cancel now?
If you have attended classes in the first five weeks of the spring semester and then you applied for the registration freeze process, you can cancel your freeze registration request upon this decision. For this, please submit your request of cancellation of registration to the student affairs until April 15, 2020, and at the same time, ask your Faculty Secretary to re-add your courses by specifying their sections.
13) Can I freeze my registration after 15 April 2020?
15 April 2020 is the deadline for the registration freeze applications, the applications made after this date will be evaluated separately by the Board of Bahcesehir University.
14) Can I still apply for a registration freeze even though I have used all my registration freeze rights before?
Yes, you can apply for freeze registration, you can apply via e-mail by filling out the freeze registration form which you can find on the page of forms in the student affairs page section.