****IF YOU ARE A TURKISH CITIZEN, STOP HERE AND GO TO: https://bau.edu.tr/blogs/tr/5791-ogrenci-isleri-daire-baskanligi
Please follow the instructions below carefully to ensure that your application is valid. More information is available regarding tuition, program details, etc. on the BAU Medical School website, date related details are on the Academic Calendar on the BAU main page, and a Sample BAU English Proficiency Test is available on the English Preparatory School website.
Transfer applications to the 6th and the 1st year are not accepted (For 1st year, apply here: https://int.bau.edu.tr/)
HOW TO APPLY AS A TRANSFER STUDENT
1. Check the important dates and deadlines mentioned below.
Dates to apply: 1-15 August 2021
2. Read carefully and fill in the Official Transfer Petition document (http://bit.do/baumedtransferpetition2020); Fill in, print, sign and scan the completed page.
3. Fill in the Medical School Transfer Student Application Form below (http://bit.do/2020BAUTransferForm)
4. Email your name and personal email address to email@example.com to be registered for the BAU English Proficiency exam if your documents are complete and if you do not have a valid TOEFL or PTE score. State that you are a transfer applicant in your email.
5. Obtain the required documents listed below and ‘Save As’ to your computer by naming them properly; e.g. Transfer Petition, Full University Transcript, Detailed Course Description, Passport, Current University ID, Disciplinary Status Document, Student Document (or Postponement Document), High School Diploma and Translation, Test Score Report, etc.
6. Email your documents correctly:
a. Send ALL documents in ONE single email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
b. In the Subject Line of your email write: TRANSFER APPLICATION (NAME SURNAME)
c. If the document size is too large for a single email, upload to www.wetransfer.com and email link to the address given in (a).
d. Expect a response within two workdays stating “We have received your email.” If you don’t get this response, your email may not have been received.
IMPORTANT DATES AND DEADLINES
1-15 August 2021 – Application period. Applications close 15 August 2021/1pm Istanbul local time.
4,6,9,11,13,16 August 2021 - Proficiency Test dates (can only be taken once and if documents complete)
16 August 2021 – Last Proficiency exam. Results announced same day
17 August 2021 – Applications evaluated by Faculty Committee
18 August 2021 – Students notified of results via email or through the application system if Turkish citizen.
19-23 August 2021 – Registration period for accepted transfer students
Class start dates: Check academic calendar on university main page for each year of medical school as different years may start on different dates.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT taking the English Proficiency Test:
You must register for the transfer application using a personal email account (Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, etc. and not your university email)
1. Signed PETITIONhttp://bit.do/baumedtransferpetition2020
2. Full university Transcript (signed, sealed, English or Turkish)
3. Course descriptions (signed, sealed, English or Turkish)
If school will not give course descriptions, you may write the link of the university website showing course descriptions on a document and add it to your file instead.
4. Disciplinary status – Document from school stating if the student has ever undergone disciplinary action (If stated in transcript, no additional document necessary)
5. Documented English language proficiency as proven by ONE of the following:
-Document showing the medium of education of the current med school is English
-TOEFL IBT 72
-PTE Academic 55
-BAU Proficiency 60
-IELTS is not accepted
6. Student Document from current school stating you are a current and registered student
7. For students who cannot get the Student Document, an official letter from the university saying they are on leave or that registration has been postponed for a year
9. University Entrance Test Score Report with which the student was admitted to current university such as ACT; SAT, Konkur, Tawjihi etc.
10. High school diploma, translated if not English or Turkish
11. High school equivalency document from Turkish Embassy Education Attaché in your country
12. Copy of current university ID
13. Document of Residency in the country of that university if not a citizen there
14. Copy of passport entrance – exit stamp pages to country of university
15. Statement from Turkish YÖK (Higher Education Council) that the current university is recognized. (This document can be obtained on e-devlet.turkiye.gov or you can contact the medical school for an unofficial recognition list but you must get the official document from YÖK once you are in-country. Students whose university is not on the list of recognized schools will have their admission rescinded and cancelled)
16. Print out of link showing the global ranking of your university in QS or Times Higher Education
-- Incomplete folders will not be evaluated.
-- Please note: Your GPA must be at least 2.29 /4.00 or 60% to apply.
***It is not guaranteed that a student who has completed their 3rd year, for example, will continue from the 4th year. Students transferring may not be able to transfer all of their courses and credits from their previous institutions; the decision of the BAU SoM Education Commission will determine which class a student will enter at BAU. The student can then decide if they would like to register.